Thursday 4 July 2013

Blue Collar


I admire those who work hard every day.

Those whose hands are strong and stained with dirt.

Those who commit their entire lives to their trade.

Those who take the time to hone their craft and skill.

There is something almost romantic about the life of a farmer or butcher.

The life of a carpenter or baker.

Of a fisherman or railroad worker.

I suppose the lives of these individuals remind me of a simpler time, a more honest time.

A time in which people were proud of their craft and it wasn’t all about the money.

It was about being passionate about what you do and giving it your all.

It’s been said that people underestimate the benefits of good old manual labor. 

Some of the happiest people in the world, go home smelling to high heaven at the end of the day. 

I believe that’s true. 

Perhaps someday I will experience it for myself. 

But not yet. I still have too much of the world to see...


No comments:

Post a Comment