Saturday 26 January 2013

//Plans


I’ve heard it said that the best way to make God laugh is to tell Him your plans. Now in my life-plan there was a part that many people have in their plan, the part called “Graduate University//Get Married”. I like to think that when I first made this plan God must’ve had a good chuckle about it because as close as I am to finishing the first part of that plan, I am still quite far removed from the second part.

Over the past few months, and years, it seems that more and more people I know have been completing both parts of this goal (including my 2 older sisters...). And many of those who are in the same situation as I am are getting a little concerned. Luckily for me, I don’t really share their feeling of pressure to wed any time soon. As a Johnny Cash song puts it so eloquently:

“I have been a rover
I have walked alone
Hiked a hundred highways
Never found a home
Still in all I'm happy
The reason is, you see
Once in a while along the way
Love's been good to me”

True, I have never been in a serious relationship. But throughout my life I have been loved. Even if sometimes these feelings were fleeting, it is still something I hold in my heart. I know that for a moment in time, no matter how brief, someone loved me. And I have been blessed to have people in my life who will always love me no matter what, and that is plenty for me for now.

So as I continue to make plans for my life I have decided to omit the part of the plan that is called “Get Married.” Not because I don’t ever want to, but because it is something I cannot plan the timing of. When it happens, it happens, and until then there are a great deal of things to keep me going. And to be honest, God is a lot better at planning my life than I am so I'm putting the cards in His hands on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment