Saturday 16 February 2013

People.

There are 7,066,671,614 people in the world, give or take a few. 

I've had the number 7 billion in my head for a while. I've technically known how many people are in the world but I don't think I've ever really thought about it. 



Lately whenever I see a picture of someone I've been struck by the idea that it's a real person. Somewhere out there in the world this person is living a life. They have friends and family. They have hopes and dreams. They have memories and a life story. 

I've had the pleasure of knowing some people in this world. I've shared in part of their life story and that's been a real honor and blessing. But in the grand scheme of things I've only had the joy of meeting a small fraction of the people on this earth. 

There are 7,066,671,614 people in the world. And each one has a story. That's amazing. I wish I could meet them all and share in their lives but that's not an option. But I still feel like I'm part of something. We, the human race, are all in this life together. And I'm glad to be sharing the journey with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment