Monday 11 July 2011

Christian Music

To be perfectly honest with you, I listen to "secular" music far more frequently than I do "Christian" music. It's not that I don't like Christian music, I certainly do, but I can only listen to so much of it before I get a little tired of it.

Although there is a game that I play sometimes and it's pretty fun. It was inspired by an episode of South Park in which Cartman decides to start a Christian Rock Band, but rather than making original worship songs he just changes the words to some secular songs and the result is pretty funny. So sometimes when I'm listening to the radio I like to pretend that the songs I'm listening to are worship songs. Obviously, more often than not, this doesn't really work out. BUT on rare occasions they really do work out and I really enjoy it when that happens.

Here are some examples of parts of songs that really work great for worship songs:

"You're a waterfall, washing over me
I'm a thirsty man let me drink you in
Well I am on my way, 
You're a mountain top
When I reach for you, your love lifts me up
All that I want is to be 
Where you are"
-Rascal Flatts, Where You Are

"You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin'
No one needs you more that I need you"
-Chicago, You're The Inspiration

Those are just two examples, but the more often you do it the easier and more fun it gets. And I like to think God doesn't mind having "secular" songs used as a form of worship, as long as they're somewhat fitting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment