Sunday 3 July 2011

~dreams~

I love dreams. Not like the dreams for the future type dream, although I like those too, but the sleeping kind of dreams. The ones you have absolutely no control over.

While I was growing up my family would always have breakfast together and what would usually drive the conversation were the dreams we had in the night. My dad's were always the cause of much laughter because they usually involved trying desperately to find a toilet. This tradition of talking about dreams is one that I continue even now, most mornings I will discuss my dreams with my roommate and she will tell me all about hers.



Often in my dreams I get to see people whom I haven't seen for a long time. Or I get to live out experiences that would never be possible in real life. Sometimes I'm not even me, I'm someone else. My dreams occasionally even set my mood for the day, if I've had a particularly nice dream it seems like I'm just more cheerful during the day. Something that is certain about my dreams is that they are always quite strange and very entertaining.

I also really enjoy looking up the meaning of my dreams, although most of the time they probably don't mean anything, but I still like looking it up. It's so interesting to me that people actually take the time to decipher what significance different things have in dreams. In the Bible, God often spoke to people in dreams and I'm certain He still does that today. And even when dreams have no particular significance, they certainly are entertaining and are probably the main reason I enjoy sleeping as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment