Sunday 12 June 2011

Just call me George

It's no secret that I am a very curious person. Not so much in the sense that I'm strange, although that too is true, but more so in the sense that I like to know just about everything all the time. For those of you who think I'm exaggerating, you can ask anyone of my closest friends and they will tell you that it's a pretty serious problem. Generally I'm fairly informed about what's going on, at most times you could ask me where someone is or what they're doing and I can probably tell you. Creepy, I know. This ceaseless problem of being ever curious is also the root of one of my biggest pet peeves: if a group of people are hanging out together and a couple of people are whispering about something, man oh man, not only does it irk me but I just HAVE to know what they are talking about! I am certainly not proud of this trait of mine and thankfully I have friends who are kind enough to remind me that curiosity can be dangerous too, it did kill the cat after all!

One of the downsides of being curious and always having to be in the loop is that you are very rarely surprised by anything. That is why it is so special when I am caught off guard, and as much as I like knowing what's going on at all times, I absolutely love surprises! Sadly, I am one of those people who usually clues in when a surprise is coming or that somethings up, but sometimes I am blissfully unaware. This past December a good friend of mine was planning a surprise for me and a couple of my friends. All I knew was that we were going somewhere and that I should dress up for the occasion. (On a side note, it is incredibly hard to dress up for an occasion if you don't know what it is. But that's a story for a different time). It was good practice for me to not be too curious and ruin the surprise for myself. I must admit, I did ask a lot of questions and take a lot of guesses as to where we might be headed but when my friend offered to tell me where we were going I decided I didn't want to know, good eh? In the end I was very pleasantly surprised and we all had an amazing night!

All dressed up for our surprise outing ~ we ended up going to see the ballet!


Thank God for friends who know how to catch me off guard and surprise me! And speaking of God, I'm pretty sure He is the king of surprises. Whenever I think I've got figured out where I'm going or what God is up to, something new and exciting hits me from out of the blue and I'm swept off my feet once again. So although I may be more curious than most, I know that God has something up His sleeve and will always leave me pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment