Sunday 7 August 2011

the clock keeps ticking on ..

Do you ever feel like you are just stuck waiting for your life to happen? I have that feeling sometimes. It could be partly because I'm still in school and it just seems like I'm still waiting for my life to start. It could be because it doesn't seem like I have accomplished much yet. But this is it, my life. It's happening.

There is a quote that I read once and it said that the days are long, but the years are short. That quote is very true for me. The days in which I do absolutely nothing seem to take forever, like time will never actually pass me by. But it does, and before I know it the months and years pass me by. When I think back to the things that have happened in my life I sometimes cannot believe how long ago it is now. Time sure does fly.

So I try. Try to make each month, week, day, hour and minute worth my while. Worth living. Sure, there are still times where I sit around "wasting time", but if you're wasting time in a way that you enjoy, I don't think it really is a waste of time. And for times where I feel like my life is stuck in a lull, I remind myself that this is the time to take and enjoy. There are going to be times in the future where I'll wish that I could just hang out with my friends and do nothing. God knows what I need and what I should be doing with my life, I'm sure He'll inform me in due time what I should be doing with my time here.

And even if I'm not doing some great deeds, or feel like I'm not really doing anything of value it may be that the Holy Spirit is working through me and doing incredible things without me even knowing it. All I can do is make myself available to God to be used however He choses, I trust He'll put me to good use eventually, if not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment