Tuesday 2 August 2011

Confession time

"It's the end of a decade
In another ten years time
Who can say what we'll find
What lies waiting down the line"


For those of you who are confused as to why I might be quoting ABBA's song 'Happy New Year' in the middle of the summer, it is because tomorrow is my birthday. I will be turning 20, so for me it is the end of a decade. And I thought I should enter into it with a clean slate.

I realize that what I am about to say may be considered social suicide in certain circles and some of you may be quite shocked and even horrified at what I am about to reveal about myself. But it has to be said...


I like country music. 

The truth is, I always have. I can still remember being quite young and my favorite cassette tape was called "Kings of Country" and I would listen to it over and over. And I very much enjoy listening to the Dixie Chicks or Keith Urban. I even have a couple songs by Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson and Randy Travis on my computer.  

Now, in the past I have lied about my liking of country music because it seemed to be socially unacceptable to appreciate this genre of music, and I do admit, some of it is rather awful. But just as any genre, there are songs that are good and songs that are less good. 

So there you have it. You have learned something new about me. Let's see what else we'll learn over the next 10 years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment